“An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.”
This passage describes the encounter the shepherds had with an angel concerning Jesus’ birth.
They were terrified and afraid.
But the angel’s news was good and brought great joy. The saviour of the world was going to bring hope to a lost world; he is Christ the Lord.
All they needed to do was believe. And they did.
We all encounter times, events and circumstances in our life when we become terrified and afraid.
But the news is still good and brings great joy. The saviour of the world is here and has brought hope to a lost world; he is Christ the Lord.
All we needed to do was believe.
Don’t let fear and terror rob you of the good news and joy of Christmas this year. Remember, it is a time to celebrate the Saviour of the world for those who believe; Jesus Christ the Lord.
Thank you from the Knight Family
To our dear ACC School family - You have made us feel all so loved. We cannot express adequately our thanks for all the love and care shown to us at this time of Mum’s passing.
You shared and supported us in our grief and that will never be forgotten.
Thank you for all of the gifts, flowers, cards, hugs, kind words and also for sharing our tears.
As you all know a Mother holds a special place in one’s heart - one that can never be replaced. For us, we have beautiful memories of a Mum who gave continually of herself for her family; a Mum that desired most of all for her family to know and Love the Lord Jesus. We are comforted by the certain knowledge that we will one day be reunited with her in His presence.
Important School Dates
End of School Dates 2017
- 3 Year Old Kinder – Friday 8 December
- 4 Year Old Kinder – Thursday 14 December
- School – Friday 15 December
Start of School Dates 2018
- 4 Year Old Kinder – Monday 29 January
- School – P-Yr 6 Monday 5 February
- 3 Year Old Kinder – Friday 9 February
Benalla Festival Writing Competition
Our Year 3 - 6 students participated in the Benalla Festival Writing competition.
Congratulations to Felicity Mason for achieved 3rd Place in the Year 5 & 6 section. Felicity won $30 prize money.
Congratulations also to Audrey Walker for being highly commended in the Year 3 & 4 section. Audrey was awarded a double pass to see a movie at BPACC.
This will be held at the conclusion of our Swimming Program and will be a day of celebrating our confidence in the water and testing out our swimming skills and speed.
Parents are welcome to attend. It will be on Friday 1st December at Moore Than Swimming between 12.00 noon-2.00pm. Don’t forget the Parent/Teacher v student races - So Parents don’t forget your swimmers.
We are excited to inform our school community that we are now able to operate three totally separate classes is 2018.
After much thought and consultation, we have decided to make up the classes as follows:
- Prep-Year 1. Taught by Mrs Roe with Mr Fitzgerald assisting on Friday.
- Year 1-3. Taught by our new incoming full time teacher.
- Year 4-6. Taught by Miss Bosch with Mr Fitzgerald assisting on Monday and Friday afternoon.
- Mrs Ham will be teaching Italian on Friday to all three classes on Friday.
- Mr Fitzgerald will continue to teach Music to all classes and some PE.
Should you have any concerns do not hesitate to contact the Principal.
Thursday 14th December, 6.30pm - BPACC
Please keep this time free as a celebration for our students’ academic success for 2017. There will be student entertainment, acknowledgement of accomplishments and a time to say farewell to our six graduating Year 6 students.
This year our awards night will be held at Benalla Performing Arts & Convention Centre (BPACC)
57 Samaria Rd, Benalla.
Reports will be available to parents at the finish of school on Friday 15 December.
Stationery List 2018
Our 2018 Student Stationery list will be printed in our next e-news.
Graduated Students Awarded
Former ACC Students (Graduating ACC Hume Class of 2014) have been recently awarded for their achievements in their secondary schooling in 2017.
Matthew Knight was awarded Academic Excellence. Matthew maintained an average of A or A+
Nathan Davies was awarded Spirit & Leadership. Nathan lead by example and displayed generosity and thoughtfulness to others by offering support. Nathan has a positive attitude to school activities and represented the values of the school.
Well done boys.
Chill Out at the Park
ACC Youth enjoyed its highest attendance when it attended the Rose Gardens in Benalla for games last week. Students played tag, traversed yet another ninja course and had a BBQ tea.
Next Event: Aquazone
We finish the year as we started, with our out-of-this-world favourite activity – AQUAZONE in Yarrawonga
- Friday, 8th December
- Leaving 3.45 from school
- Returning 8.00 to school
- Venue and provider: Aquazone, Yarrawonga Foreshore
- Cost $20 per person, bring money for Maccas afterwards
- Permission Form required
- RSVP by Thursday, 7th December
- Bring towel, bathers, change of clothes, Medical Form if the school hasn’t got it already
At the time of writing, the Year 6 students have just 12 days to go before they finish Primary schooling. Take a moment to step into their shoes. Do you remember your last day at Primary or the first day at Secondary? Let’s take a look at our graduating Year 6 students:
- Natalia-Drew Cole. N.D. has been at ACC since Prep. She leaves confident in her academic ability and with a precious relationship with God.
- Oliver Hall. Oliver has also been at ACC since Prep. He has achieved success in many areas in our school and beyond in the academic, social and sporting arena. Oliver can stand on his solid relationship with God as he negotiates a bright future.
- Olivia Ham. Another ACC veteran since Prep. Olivia has established a solid character and deep faith that is precious to her and loves art and cooking. She is a quiet, confident and loving child.
- Felicity Mason. Felicity has been with us since joining Year 5. She is great at Maths and reading and will have no problem tackling the Secondary setting. Felicity is known for her big smile. Felicity continues to develop a long lasting relationship with God.
- Hayley Pearce. Hayley joined ACC when she entered Year 2. She also loves reading and embraces the academics. She is quiet and calming member of our class. Hayley is sure of her salvation and lives a sincere faith.
- Sebastian Van de Paverd. Sebastian came to us in Year 5. He is a sporty and energetic boy who loves everything outdoors. If you need help with something, ask Sebastian. He has embraced the simplicity of the gospel and has an open and accepting mind in developing his faith.
The junior class has just complete their school swimming program. They all showed improvement in their swimming skills and water safety knowledge. As a special treat on the last day, the children were allowed on the Tarzan swing. Much fun and splash was had by all!! Many thanks once again, to Moore than Swimming in Wangaratta for their expertise and patience in teaching the children.
Year 1 & 2 Class
Last Thursday we had our final transition. It was wonderful to have the up and coming Prep, Year 1 and Year 2 students all in the same room together. The children were very settled as they completed shared reading activities together. They are all looking forward to 2018!
Year 1/2 Teacher
LAST DAY OF TERM CELEBRATIONS - PREP TO YEAR 6
On the last day of term - Friday 15th December - we will be travelling to Wangaratta to celebrate the end of a very successful year. We have booked into the Wangaratta Cinema to watch the latest children's movie THE STAR.
Families are invited to join us for this day. Fun and lunch in the park at Wangaratta and a Movie treat at the Wangaratta Cinema.
Further details and a RSVP will be sent home soon.
2018 Kinder Information Night.
Thank you to all our 2018 kinder families that attended our Kinder Information session.
We are looking forward to a fantastic year of growth and development in the young children in our Preschool programs.
4 Year Old Kinder Class
Another busy fortnight has flown by. Not long at all to go till the end of the year. Christmas is in full swing in the kinder. We have been making Christmas cards, Christmas trees, Christmas presents for the residents at Cooinda and then there is the secret Christmas business we have been doing. We are all looking forward to the Christmas Nativity and graduation on Thursday 14th December.
We have finished the transition program here at Australian Christian College. 9 of our children had a great time going over to the school and practising being preps. They read stories, did handwriting, played some games and had snack and lunch with the school children. For the children who stayed in kinder they had visits from the grade 6s. During this time they skipped, played musical instruments, made paper aeroplanes, did craft, played in the sandpit, sang, danced and they painted together. Both the kinder children and the grade 6 children enjoyed the time they spent together.
We have been back to Cooinda this week. This was our second last ‘Kinder at Cooinda’ session. The children and the residents made door hangers with their names on them. This was a lot of fun and the door hangers look great. It will be sad to say goodbye to our friends that we have made. We have one more Kinder at Cooinda session on Monday 11th December and our very last visit will be on Tuesday 12th December for our carols session.
Thursday 14th December will be our last day together. The children have brought home invites for you. We will have our nativity play followed by songs and then our little graduation ceremony. These celebrations will start at 12.30 and finish by 2. This will take place in the kinder room. We hope to see you there.
3 Year Old Pre-Kinder Class
The children have enjoyed christmas activities around the room over the past fortnight, what an exciting time of the year it is. It is so nice to watch the children play happily together and reflect on the individual progress each child has made. To celebrate the end of the kinder year we will have a little party morning tea on Friday 8th December. Families are welcome to come and party with us, we will eat at 11am and then say our farewells.
Click 'Google Calendar' to synchronise these events in your own calendar.